Skip to main content

Review & Release Blitz: Bet on Me (Love's a Gamble #1) by Saxon James

Release Date: January 27, 2020
Cover Design: Story Styling Cover Designs
Synopsis

Taryn
Losing a long term boyfriend to my football career highlights one thing: it’s impossible for me to have both. With only a few years left to play, I decide to throw my full focus into the game. Then I meet Elliot. The flirty texts are immediate, trusting him comes easily, and when we’re together, I’ve never experienced something so explosive.

Until he drops a real bomb on me. He’s a bookie. And suddenly, being closeted is the least of my worries.

Elliot
I have a plan. Make a large amount of money in a short amount of time, set myself up for life, and then get the hell out of bookmaking. Good at it or not, it’s illegal, and that’s a very gray line I’d prefer not to keep crossing. Especially when I meet Taryn. He’s the first guy who’s been able to steal my focus away from my goal, and I’ll do anything to deserve him.

Even quit.

But the thing about illegal jobs is, they’re not always so easy to walk away from.
Amazon Universal: https://geni.us/cp4O
MY REVIEW
When Taryn loses his boyfriend because of his devotion to his football career, he's devastated. But a chance meeting with a man who knows Taryn needs a confidante, leads them to something neither had seen coming. But anything they start needs to be kept quiet, not just because Taryn's a pro football player, but because Elliot's career isn't exactly one for inclusivity and openness either. Illegal careers rarely are...

I loved Bet on Me. It's heartfelt and sweet and Taryn and Elliot are a wonderful couple. There's some suspense, lots of lovin', and it's perfectly written.
Giveaway
$25 Amazon Gift Card
About the Author
Saxon James unapologetically writes happy endings for LGBT+ characters. While not writing, SM is a readaholic and netflix addict who regularly lives on a sustainable diet of chocolate and coffee.

Member of SCBWI.
Connect with Saxon
Facebook Author Page: http://bit.ly/2QSVCmS
Facebook Reader Group: http://bit.ly/36slT1W
Goodreads Author Page: http://bit.ly/2SYfPKU
Amazon Author Page: https://amzn.to/2ZXjp9C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...