Skip to main content

Review & Release Blitz: The Second Time Around (Hope Valley #6) by Jessica Prince

Title: The Second Time Around
Author: Jessica Prince
Series: Hope Valley
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Tessa Day had clung to the notion of a once-in-a-lifetime love for as long as she could remember. Then, one chance encounter led her to the man of her dreams. After a whirlwind romance that could only be described as something out of a fairytale, she gave her heart to her other half, only to have him throw it back like it meant nothing.

Bryce Dixon was known as the care-free funny guy with a heart of gold. But it was all a façade. For more than ten years, he’d been holding on to guilt that was slowly eating him alive. He blamed himself for things in his past, and as punishment for his sins, he walked away from the only woman he’d ever loved.

But when Tessa shows up in Hope Valley, Bryce begins to think that maybe he’s been given a second chance. However, when danger comes calling, he soon discovers he’s in for the fight of his life. Not only does he have to protect the woman who holds his heart, but he also has to convince her that he can get things right the second time around.
Read for FREE with KindleUnlimited
MY REVIEW
The last person Tessa expected to see in her new town is her estranged ex. The one who walked away from her with nothing more than a note saying he couldn't do this anymore. Since Bryce, Tessa's walls have enclosed her heart in steel, and nothing and no one, especially Bryce, is going to be scaling those walls anytime soon (ever).

Bryce had reasons for leaving her, but when Tessa refuses to listen, a little talking to by his friend just might be the ticket to getting him to go claim his love. The question is, will he do it and will Tessa allow him to?

The Hope Valley series is one of my favorite small town series. Jessica Prince's characters are all so real, have so many layers, and are full of love to give and to receive. It just takes a special someone to unlock all that love. Bryce and Tessa's second chance is per usual with this series - full of heart and passion, and an amazing, lovable cast of lead and secondary characters.
It had been three days since I last saw Bryce in person. He’d gone out of town for a case he was working on, which meant I went from having him constantly to not at all, and although he’d gotten back earlier this morning, I had no real reason to call and ask him to come by my place later tonight. No matter how badly I wanted him with me.

Now I was running on fumes. Two nights he’d slept by my side, and already, I’d become addicted to having his big, strong body wrapped around mine.

These past few nights I hadn’t been able to sleep to save my life. I spent each of them tossing and turning, feeling like something was missing. Something in the form of a six-foot-four man with more than two hundred pounds of pure muscle packed beneath his skin.

After how he broke my heart, he was the last man on earth I should crave. But, he made me feel . . . safe. For the first time in my life, when I’d needed someone I hadn’t been alone. Someone had taken care of me. Bryce had taken care of me, and he’d done it better than I could have imagined. Gentle and kind, sweet and loving. Anticipating my every need.

Like a husband.

My protective wall was in shambles, full of holes, and barely standing. I missed him like crazy. The only silver lining was that he’d stayed in contact while he was gone.

Like an addict, I’d kept my phone in hand, reading and rereading the string of texts between us every few minutes over the past three days. And it had to be said, Bryce Dixon was just as potent over text as he was in person. The man was good with words.
Visit Hope Valley
a series of interconnected, standalone romances
Read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited
Out of My League

Come Back Home Again

The Best of Me

Wrong Side of the Tracks

Stay With Me

Out of the Darkness

The Second Time Around
Born and raised around Houston Texas, Jessica spent most of her life complaining about the heat, humidity, and all around pain in the ass weather. It was only as an adult that she quickly realized the cost of living in Houston made up for not being able to breathe when she stepped outside. That’s why God created central air, after all.

Jessica is the mother of a perfect little boy–she refuses to accept that he inherited her attitude and sarcastic nature no matter what her husband says.

In addition to being a wife and mom, she’s also a wino, a coffee addict, and an avid lover of all types of books–romances still being her all time favs. Her husband likes to claim that reading is her obsession but she just says it’s a passion…there’s a difference. Not that she’d expect a boy to understand.

Jessica has been writing since she was a little girl, but thankfully grew out of drawing her own pictures for her stories before ever publishing her first book. Because an artist she is not.

Sign up for Jessica’s Newsletter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!