Skip to main content

Review & Release Blitz: The Breakup Artist (Cupids #4) by Lila Monroe

Title: The Breakup Artist
Series: Cupids #4
Author: Lila Monroe
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Release Date: May 11, 2020
Blurb
It's a game of exes and oooohs! Enjoy the sizzling new standalone romance from USA Today bestselling author, Lila Monroe!

I’m an expert in break-ups. From the slow fade, to extreme ghosting, to, ‘but you never said I couldn’t send pics of my junk to your step-sister on Instagram’ - I’ve seen it all… and built a mini-empire along the way. My blog, the Break-Up Artist, uses my past heartache to help people move on - and avoid weeping on the floor at 3am consuming their body weight in spray cheese and Oreos. Ahem.

Now, I have a new job that could mean the big time: helping a famous Hollywood it-couple navigate their tricky break-up. Except not everyone wants them Splitsville. The movie studio needs to keep them together to promote their big movie, and they’ve sent someone to make sure I fail in my first VIP gig.

Wes Baxter. Also known as my ex.

Also ALSO known as, the guy who broke my heart so thoroughly, I had to turn myself into a self-help guru just to get over him.

I’m determined to follow my own advice (no drooling over Wes’s perfect abs, or remembering how he rocked my world) but being trapped together at a luxe country retreat isn’t helping things… And neither is Wes’s early-morning naked swim habit. Soon, love is in the air, the sparks between us are hotter than ever, and I’m seriously questioning my ‘no backsies’ policy.

Wes swears he’s changed. He wants to try again, and he’s got an annoyingly sexy way of convincing me. But can second chances really work? Or has the Break-Up Artist finally met her match?

Find out in the sizzling new romantic comedy from USA Bestselling author, Lila Monroe!

Cupids series:
1 Cupids Anonymous
2 What’s Your Sign?
3 The Romeo Effect
4 The Break-Up Artist
5 The Romance Plan
Purchase Links
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
MY REVIEW
Katie is known as the Breakup Artist because her blog has helped countless others get over the brutal breakup we've all experienced at least once. She should know how to get over a breakup considering her ex ghosted her, never for her to see him again. But now that same ex is back in her life when the latest It Couple she's helping seem to have acquired a lawyer intent on keeping them together, at least for appearances' sake, or more accurately, the studio's sake, as they're the couple starring in her ex's client's new movie. Yep, THAT ex. The one who ghosted her.

Katie knows better than to let herself get involved with Wes again after he decimated her heart all those years ago, but her body and her mind cannot seem to get with the program. But Wes says he's changed. The question is, has he really? Can he prove to her, SHOW her with his actions that he's really changed from that selfish boy he was?

I have been so lucky that during this pandemic, a lot of the reads I've been graced with have been just what I needed, and this one, too is just what I needed right now. It's sweet, it's lighthearted and its got heart. I love it. Katie and Wes have that familiarity that only exes have, and their tension is pitched perfectly. I can't wait for more of the Cupids world Lila Monroe has so lovingly created.

Also Available
99¢ for a limited time!
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Coming Soon
Releasing August 17
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Author Bio
Combining her love of writing, sex and well-fitted suits, Lila Monroe wrote The Billionaire Bargain. Lila enjoys writing, as it gives her a flexible schedule to spend time with her kids and a wonderful excuse to avoid them. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, who strips out of his well-fitted suits nightly.
Author Links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...