Skip to main content

Review & Release Blitz: The Devil's Crown, Part 1 (All the Pretty Things Trilogy Spin-Off) by Monica James

THE DEVIL’S CROWN
PART ONE
Monica James
I was feared.
Respected.
Worshiped.
But all of that changed when the impossible happened—I fell in love. Only those feelings weren’t reciprocated, because who could love a monster like me?
My empire crumbled. People died. I went from being a victorious leader to lurking in the shadows, planning revenge on my half-brother who now reigns in my place.
An orphanage is where I find sanctuary, but when she walks into my world and evokes a yearning I thought long dead, my demons are awakened and want what they can’t have—her. Sooner or later, I knew I’d need to feed the darkness inside me.
Mayhem, power, and control course through my veins. I will use them to regain my crown, my throne, and then claim her, despite what solemn vows she might’ve made.
I will break them…and her.

The Devil’s Crown-Part One
Series: All the Pretty Things Trilogy Spin-Off
Genre: Dark Romance
Cover Model: Philippe LeBlond @philippe_leblond
Photographer: Ren Saliba @rensaliba
Cover Designer: Sommer Stein—Perfect Pear Creative Covers

Release date: July 21st
The Devil’s Crown-Part Two coming September 2020!
DOWNLOAD your copy NOW:
Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/y9mrxeox
Apple Books: https://tinyurl.com/y9mnqgo8
Nook: https://tinyurl.com/yarul8kc
Kobo: https://tinyurl.com/y9gokpzg
Goodreads: https://tinyurl.com/ycxadpu6
BookBub: https://tinyurl.com/ybmbk3tx
MY REVIEW
Um wow. Yep. That's the word that came to mind when I was done reading this first part of The Devil's Crown. If you've read the All the Pretty Things Trilogy, you'll remember Aleksei. He's not a good guy in it, nor is he really a good guy here in his own story either. What he is, however, is much more interesting than he was previously, as someone has come into his life that is making him wish for a bit of, if not redemption, then perhaps someone to just love him, to see some kind of good in him, even if he doesn't think, or isn't sure there is, good in him.

I won't spoil, I'll just say that this dark and twisty first part of Aleksei and Ella's story is first rate. I am dying to know what happens next, if Alek gets his woman, if he gets his empire back, if the two make it to the other side the way Willow and Saint did.

Bio
Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare, and Emily Dickinson.

When she is not writing, Monica is busy running her own business, but she always finds a balance between the two. She enjoys writing honest, heartfelt, and turbulent stories, hoping to leave an imprint on her readers. She draws her inspiration from life.

She is a bestselling author in the U.S.A., Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Israel, and the U.K.
Monica James resides in Melbourne, Australia, with her wonderful family, and menagerie of animals. She is slightly obsessed with cats, chucks, and lip gloss, and secretly wishes she was a ninja on the weekends.
Stalk Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...