Skip to main content

Review / Release Blast: In Winters Past (Meade Lake #3) by Taylor Danae Colbert

Release Date: November 20
From the time I can remember, it was always the three of us. Me, Tommy, and Shane.

We were young, doing things we shouldn't have been doing.

They say the water here in Meade Lake freezes four feet deep.

But that winter had been unseasonably warm...

After we lost Tommy, Shane packed up and moved on, leaving me to figure it all out by myself.

To figure out who I was without my two best friends.

But now, Shane is back in Meade Lake. He’s changed, but under that cold, hardened exterior, I can still see a hint of my best friend.

The boy I once loved.

We’re reliving our glory years, laughing at the memories, sorting through the pain. And each time, he stands a little bit closer, lingers a little bit longer.

But with every touch, I feel that ice-cold barrier form around my heart.

He showed me once that he could walk away and never look back.

I can’t give him that chance again.
Grab Your Copy Here:
MY REVIEW
Shane's back and Grey's not really ready to see him. Too bad the town seems set to conspire against her, and soon she's running into him while on the job. But, though she may have had to see him again, she doesn't want his friendship or a second chance for him to leave her with another broken heart.

Time (and meddling townspeople) have a way of softening one's heart, though. Will Grey's heart soften toward her former best friend? Will she ever find out why Shane left her just when they were supposed to start their future together?

This one is a heartfelt tearjerker. The same tragedy that tore them apart took on even more significance and Shane bared his soul to Grey, and I felt my own tears falling. But in the end, I can happily say I loved reading as Shane and Grey got the second chance and the happiness they so richly deserved.
Meet Taylor Danae Colbert
Taylor has been writing since the tender age of seven, when her mother bought her her first typewriter.

Once she finished her first work, a tall tale about a girl with hair that grew too fast, her father told her she should be published. And so, her lifelong dream of becoming a published writer was born.

Taylor never thought of herself as a romance writer, but it turns out, she loves love.

When she's not chasing her kids, watching Impractical Jokers with her husband, running, or playing around with her two pups, she's probably under her favorite blanket, either writing a book, or reading one.

Taylor lives in Maryland, where she was born and raised.
Connect with Taylor Danae Colbert
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Goodreads | BookBub

Hosted By:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti

Review of One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti ONE LITTLE LIE Hollis is a good girl with a crush on a broody musician. Unfortunately, that boy, Adam, hates her. Why? Because the chip on his shoulder leaves him thinking good girl, rich girl Hollis is a lemming like everyone else in their small town. Which makes it even more unfortunate when years after their high school encounter, Hollis' best friend tries to stick up for her and ends up telling her parents that Adam is the the boyfriend Hollis doesn't actually have. Oops. How will Hollis ever convince Adam to go along with her little lie? I really liked One Little Lie. Hollis is a really naive girl, but she has such a huge heart that I couldn't help but fall in love with her spirit. She's so sweet, so compassionate, the kind of person this world needs more of. Adam, on the other hand, eh, he didn't do much for me. His chip on the shoulder, broody asshole attitude did nothing to endear me to him, but because H...

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...