★NOW AVAILABLE★
๐๐ซ๐ข๐๐ค๐๐ ๐๐ญ๐๐๐ฅ is LIVE! This is a friends to lovers romance you won’t want to miss. Are you ready for TRICKS?
Purchase ๐๐ซ๐ข๐๐ค๐๐ ๐๐ญ๐๐๐ฅ: https://geni.us/TrickedSteel
Purchase ๐๐ซ๐ข๐๐ค๐๐ ๐๐ญ๐๐๐ฅ: https://geni.us/TrickedSteel
BLURB
Patrick Steel
They call him Tricks.
To me, he was the first man I ever felt I could trust.
He annihilated all the stereotypes about men rooted in me, even when he so easily fit the mold.
He wasn’t my type, not at all.
I hated men …
In my last life, anyway.
Savvy Sutton
I call her Savanah.
It isn’t her name, but it made total sense.
She didn’t know who she was, yet she held on to the lies she so desperately wanted to believe in, to save a part of herself.
She tried to fight her attraction for me, and I made damn sure that didn’t happen.
Then…
she tricked me.
Sometimes, the greatest love stories grow from lies.
Cover model: @sergiocarvajal7
Photographer: @miguelanxofoto
Cover designer: @jerseygirl_design
Read STEEL CREW here: https://amzn.to/2XoluLE
Release Event Sign Up: https://forms.gle/xEdXukqmoynjTDb28
You can connect with MJ here: https://www.mjfieldsbooks.com/
Patrick Steel
They call him Tricks.
To me, he was the first man I ever felt I could trust.
He annihilated all the stereotypes about men rooted in me, even when he so easily fit the mold.
He wasn’t my type, not at all.
I hated men …
In my last life, anyway.
Savvy Sutton
I call her Savanah.
It isn’t her name, but it made total sense.
She didn’t know who she was, yet she held on to the lies she so desperately wanted to believe in, to save a part of herself.
She tried to fight her attraction for me, and I made damn sure that didn’t happen.
Then…
she tricked me.
Sometimes, the greatest love stories grow from lies.
Cover model: @sergiocarvajal7
Photographer: @miguelanxofoto
Cover designer: @jerseygirl_design
Read STEEL CREW here: https://amzn.to/2XoluLE
Release Event Sign Up: https://forms.gle/xEdXukqmoynjTDb28
You can connect with MJ here: https://www.mjfieldsbooks.com/
MY REVIEW
Savvy isn't especially fond of guys, especially rich entitled guys. So when she meets Patrick "Tricks" Steel one night at the coffeeshop where she works, and he and his friends are obnoxious and completely chauvinistic, she really, really is not impressed. He, however has the opposite of Savvy's reaction, and is smitten, big time. Too bad for him she wants nothing to do with him.
But of course, the two somehow become friends I guess you could call it, even though it's obvious both want more than friendship from each other. It's just that she has issues, lots of issues, and having a relationship is the last thing she thinks she has time for. Will she and Patrick ever be on the same page at the same time?
First off, I have to say that I wanted to love this story because the blurb sounds amazing. Unfortunately, I just could not get into it. I guess I didn't connect with Patrick and Savvy and didn't particularly like either of them. I like the tension between them, and I like that Savvy was searching for herself, but the rest just did not work for me. And the abrupt, rushed ending just did me in. I absolutely could not rate it higher than 3 stars after that ending.
ARC via Wordsmith Publicity.





Comments
Post a Comment