Skip to main content

Review / Release Blitz: Depends On Who's Asking (SWAT Generation 2.0 #12) by Lani Lynn Vale

Depends on Who’s Asking
Lani Lynn Vale

Release Date: December 8, 2020

About the Book
It was the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring…nope. No. Nuh-uh. That’s a lie.
The moment that Caro wakes up, she knows that she’s not alone.
One thump-thump from the living room and she quickly moves into action.
One 9-1-1 call later, and she’s ready to defend herself.
Only, she gets more than she bargains for when she steps out into her living room and comes face to face with a living, breathing nightmare.
And isn’t it just fitting that the man that saves her by coming down the chimney with a large black gun in his hand is named Saint Nicholas?
***
It seemed like the start of a bad joke.
Saint Nicholas comes down the chimney on Christmas Eve night, but he isn’t there to bear gifts. He’s there to take out the trash.
When he lands on his silent feet, he has no other choice but to put himself in harm’s way.
One look at Caro’s terrified face, and he can’t stop himself.
He steps in just as the bullets start flying, saving the damsel in distress and taking a bullet to the shoulder for his trouble.
But one thing he can say is, heroes always win the girl.
And Caro is the best Christmas miracle of all.

Purchase Links
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2UnA2Jv
Amazon Intl.: https://geni.us/LdjgmIG
Apple: https://apple.co/3lqlF2Y
Nook: https://bit.ly/3lkVXgd
Kobo: https://bit.ly/35og3jY

Goodreads: https://bit.ly/3kj6vew
MY REVIEW
Saint Nicholson (yes that's his real name) and Carolina have been circling around each other since their meeting. But they've never allowed themselves to make a move. Then they have to quarantine together thanks to one of her "friends" being a heinous wench, and suddenly that attraction will obviously have to be consummated. But what will happen after quarantine is over? Will they go their separate ways or will Saint be willing to see where their feelings could lead them?
There is a lot about his life that he hasn't told anyone in Kilgore. And he has good reasons for why he hasn't told anyone. It's those reasons that make him leery of bringing Carolina into his world. But can he walk away from her, even if it's for her own protection?
I'm sad this series has come to its conclusion, but if it must end, I'm glad it's with such a good story. Saint, the quiet, uncertain guy who has firsthand experience that not everyone can be trusted, and Carolina, his opposite, sassy with a huge, loving heart. I loved them, and I loved their story. Though I'm going to miss the SWAT crew, I'm glad that the world isn't totally disappearing, because the mayor's story with Six is coming, I cannot wait!
About Lani Lynn Vale
Lani Lynn Vale is a Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling Author of over thirty titles. She is married with three children, two dogs, two cats, a donkey, and a couple (a couple also meaning over twenty) chickens.

When she’s not writing, you can find her curled up in her favorite chair reading.

Lani is married with three children and lives in the Great State of Texas.
Website: http://www.lanilynnvale.com/
Facebook: https://bit.ly/LLV-fb
Instagram: https://bit.ly/LLV-IG
Twitter: https://bit.ly/LLV-twitter
Goodreads: http://bit.ly/LLVgoodreads
BookBub: http://bit.ly/LLVbb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...