Skip to main content

Review / Release Blitz: Rival Hearts by Brenda St. John Brown

Release Date: December 7
Stefan Cane has snogged and shagged his fair share of gorgeous women. Yet he's spent the last three months trying to forget the woman he shared a fleeting kiss with at the Jingle Ball last year.

Now he's back in the tiny English village, staying across the street from her pub, The Blue Dog. The same pub he's about to put out of business.

Possibly.

Probably.

According to his endless spreadsheets, bloody definitely.

That's not the goal of the pub renovation reality show he produces, but the truth is, his job depends on him getting his project done, on time and on budget. Even though the village isn't big enough to sustain two pubs and Stefan knows it.

Lucy Maclaren knows it, too. She told him that at the Jingle Ball. Right before that kiss he hasn't been able to forget. The one he desperately wants to repeat.

How is he supposed to do his job when he's more worried about his so-called rival? Worse, how is he ever going to win her heart when the only thing she wants to see is his backside leaving town - preferably as soon as possible?
Grab Your Copy Here!
MY REVIEW
Lucy's small town isn't big enough for two pubs. That's what Lucy thinks anyway, and that's why she's got a plan. Too bad that plan is disrupted by the attraction between her and the man whose reality show is going to take the rug right out from under her. The man with whom she shared a hot kiss last year.

Stefan cannot get that kiss out of his mind. And now the gorgeous woman he shared that kiss with is right across the street from where he's staying, and he's determined to have more of those kisses. And perhaps he will, if she can get over the fact that they're now rivals in the pub business, and if she didn't have a plan to stop him, a plan he knows nothing about.

This is a sweet, fun story with lots of witty dialogue and serious chemistry between two characters that are honestly, completely adorable. It has that feelgood tone that really seems needed with the way the world is right now.
Meet Brenda St John Brown
Hi. I'm Brenda. I'm a displaced New Yorker living in the UK. I lived in London for almost six years, but now I'm living in The North, in a tiny English village. We used to have sheep in our backyard! (Sheep!!)  Now we have a new housing development, so I mostly avoid looking out the kitchen window.

My novels are unabashedly romantic and run the gamut from angsty feels to make-you-smile swoons. Hitting the USA Today bestseller list has been the highlight of my career so far because - gah - #authorgoals! When I'm not reading or writing, I'm hanging out with The Boy, talking about random things and being overly strict about electronics.

I like running and Doritos, not necessarily in that order. I also like libraries, old churches and Paris. One day I'm going to write a novel set in Paris, which will necessitate lots of trips for "research."

Connect with Brenda St John Brown
Newsletter | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Reader Group | Amazon Author Page | Goodreads | BookBub

Hosted By

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...