Skip to main content

Review / Release Blitz: Burnout (Everyday Heroes World) by Tori Fox

Burnout is an emotional, enemies to lovers, sexy contemporary romance written in K. Bromberg's Everyday Heroes Worlds project.
I have one rule. No distractions.
I've been burned enough to not let anything get in the way of my dream.
And that is what I am here to do.
I am at my family's vineyard ready to revive it back to life.
But no one told me they hired someone to do my job.
I should know better than to let Everett Taylor get to me.
I hate him.
No matter that he looks like sex on a stick.
Or volunteers as a firefighter.
Or acts like a saint to my great-grandmother.
I try to hold myself back. But with every minute I spend with him I just want to get closer.
But I know the heat between us will eventually turn to ash.
—
Distractions only.
That's all I ever let myself have. Never a deeper connection.
Until I meet her.
Layla Jones despises me as much as I despise her.
She's selfish and annoying.
I should ignore her.
But I can't fight my attraction to her.
And our time together creates enough heat to light us ablaze.
But we only have the summer and I know this fire is going to burnout.
Download today or read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited!
https://geni.us/Burnout

Goodreads: https://smarturl.it/BurnoutGR
Layla's returned home to revive her family's once legendary vineyard. She is less than pleased to find her grandmothers have hired a guy to take care of her vineyard while she's gone. A guy who clearly has no idea how to care for a vineyard. Everett takes one look at the gorgeous granddaughter come home and he's hooked. Too bad she clearly already hates him. But the attraction is still there. Will Layla give into it? And when (if) she does, will she open up her heart along with her body?

I wanted to like this - a firefighter and enemies to lovers?! Two of my favorites. Unfortunately, I couldn't get into this one at all, for a couple of reasons. One being the lack of contractions took me out of the story every single time, interrupting the flow of the story, and there were A LOT of places where a contraction (they're as opposed to they are for example) should have been used but weren't. And the last reason, the biggest one, is Layla drove me nuts. Now don't get me wrong, her mom was horrible and affected her a lot, obviously, but she was an adult and completely capable of not behaving like the selfish, annoying little twit she was throughout the majority of Burnout. The saving grace for me was Everett, he was a dream of a bbf, and completely too good for Layla. If he had been paired with a heroine as sweet as he, and if the wording were more flowing, I could have easily given this 4 stars, but as it's written, 3 stars is as high as I can rate this.
Burnout is written in New York Times Bestselling author K. Bromberg's Everyday Heroes World, which is one of two KB Worlds projects. With over 100 authors, who were selected by and are working with K. Bromberg, these stories will be fan fiction at its finest—and sexiest. Devoted fans of the Driven and Everyday Heroes series will have the opportunity to revisit their favorite characters and settings. You can find out more about K. Bromberg and the KB Worlds at kbworlds.com.
KB Worlds Amazon Page: https://amzn.to/3dpfvuX
KB Worlds Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/2Vez4Aa
KB Worlds Newsletter: https://bit.ly/2B226Mo
Meet Tori
Tori Fox is the author of contemporary romance with a little bit of angst and a whole lot of sexy. Besides writing you can find her curled up on the couch with her dog reading a book, yelling at the TV during a hockey game or at a karaoke bar singing her heart out. No matter where she is there will always be a bottle of champagne near. Tori lives above the clouds with her husband in the Rocky Mountains.
Connect with Tori
Website | https://torifoxbooks.com/
Goodreads | https://bit.ly/3qhTg15
Amazon https://amzn.to/2XIad8t
Facebook | https://bit.ly/3nL1AEX
Facebook Group | https://bit.ly/3nJWhpc
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/torifoxbooks/
Twitter | https://bit.ly/3nHH9sw
Bookbub | https://bit.ly/3ql2l9d
Pinterest | https://bit.ly/2LR1s9H
Book+Main | https://bit.ly/2XFqNWD
Newsletter | https://bit.ly/39vFelz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...