Skip to main content

Review / Release Blitz: Jailbait (Souls Chapel Revenants MC #3) by Lani Lynn Vale

Jailbait
Souls Chapel Revenants MC, Book 3
Lani Lynn Vale
Release Date: April 6, 2021
About the Book
About the Book The first time I saw her was across the room at a bar. I had no idea at the time that she was only sixteen. All I knew was that she was beautiful, she was sending me do-me vibes from across the room, and I was fresh off a deployment where there’d been nobody but men for nine of the longest months of my life.

The second time that I saw her was at a court hearing that would decide how long I’d be sent to prison for. She was a cute little curly-haired blonde with wide, expressive eyes, a banging body, and the reason that I’d gone to prison in the first place.

The third time I saw her was through a glass divider of the prison visitation room as she waited for her stepfather, my lawyer, to tell me how sorry he was that he lost my case. Especially when I’d been the one to kill the man that was about to kill his daughter.

The last time, the time that I decided enough was enough, was when I saw her at my bar eight weeks after I’d been set free.

Unlucky for her, I’d stopped being a good guy about two seconds after those bars closed behind me twelve years ago. Now all that was left was a shell of a man that didn’t see the good in anything. Anything except for her.
Purchase Links
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3gRSe8t
Apple: http://apple.co/3oYGILj
Nook: http://bit.ly/3gRloEC
Kobo: http://bit.ly/3npzH63

Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2IUQi2p
MY REVIEW
The minute Trick laid eyes on her, he was hooked. Unfortunately for him, she brought all kinds of trouble to his doorstep. The kind of trouble that landed him in prison for 12 years. Now he's out, and he's not anywhere near the person he was back then. Does this mean a second (or really, more of a first) chance is not in the cards for the lawyer and the ex-con?
Swayze's connection with the man she met all those years ago has not diminished. Will he ever give them a chance to explore that connection? Or has his time in prison changed him too much, hardened his heart so much that he's incapable of giving into feelings?
Whew! Trick and Swayze's story is a whirlwind! It's got two stubborn people (especially Trick), smokin' hot chemistry, more than a little action, a fledgling MC that isn't much of an MC, and an ongoing storyline that has me dying to know more about. I loved these two - their push and pull, their intense connection, and the way they finally achieved that happiness they both deserved.
About Lani Lynn Vale
Lani Lynn Vale is a Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling Author of over thirty titles. She is married with three children, two dogs, two cats, a donkey, and a couple (a couple also meaning over twenty) chickens.

When she’s not writing, you can find her curled up in her favorite chair reading.
Lani is married with three children and lives in the Great State of Texas.
Website: http://www.lanilynnvale.com/
Facebook: https://bit.ly/LLV-fb
Instagram: https://bit.ly/LLV-IG
Twitter: https://bit.ly/LLV-twitter
Goodreads: http://bit.ly/LLVgoodreads
BookBub: http://bit.ly/LLVbb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!