Skip to main content

Review / Release Blitz: Morgue to Love by Megan Montgomery


Morgue to Love by Megan Montgomery is now live!


Dr. Smythe is the youngest (and for my money, the prettiest) Medical Examiner in Nashville, Tennessee, only I didn't know it last night when she was between my legs and just Soula.

This morning, we meet again as our careers cross paths and if I wasn't concentrating on not spilling my guts from the nasty fumes of this D.O.A., it'd be awkward as hell.

Our eyes meet over the autopsy table...
...Ahem.
...Cough.
...The autopsy table absolutely covered in melty, gooey human remains that are long past recognizable...

I open my mouth to speak. The name, Soula, is right there on my tongue. Unfortunately, so is the stench--and taste of putrescine.

When I wake up on a scratchy, tweed couch with a pounding headache, Soula's handing me something steamy in a Dolly Parton mug. She's just as beautiful in her light green scrubs as she was naked in my bed last night, but her expression is clear--She wants nothing more to do with me.

But I want everything to do with her.


Download today or read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited!
US: https://amzn.to/3hrHrCx
WW: http://mybook.to/morguetol

Goodreads: https://bit.ly/2Tc2AZc


MY REVIEW
Soula's dealt with death her whole life, considering the family business is a funeral home and a mortuary. She decided to do something different like go to med school and become a medical examiner, though. The family business has only exaggerated, perhaps, created, her awkwardness and lack of social graces. So when faced with her hot one night stand over a decomposing corpse, she's not exactly welcoming. Will Wes see past her detached outer façade and love the heart that lies beneath? Or will her insistence on remaining detached finally run him off?

High on laughs and wit, and definitely entertaining, I liked Morgue to Love, but didn't love it. Why did I like it? It's fun and entertaining, it's opposites attract, and Wes is absolutely one of the sweetest heroes I've read in a long time. Why did I not love it? I wasn't much into it in the beginning, as it was taking its time getting to the interesting part of the story, and Soula's detached lack of social graces was too much for me. I didn't despise her, but I definitely did not like her. She reminded me too much of the obnoxious, self important character of Bones on the Bones TV show, and I absolutely detest that character, so any character that reminds me of her is not going on my like list. Still, Wes and Soula's brothers and her friends are great and more than enough to make up for Soula's less than warm characteristics so 4 stars is more than fair.


Meet Megan Montgomery
Megan writes happily-ever-afters for unlikeable female heroines, with an extra protein shake of humor. Her debut novel, WELL . . . THAT WAS AWKWARD was inspired by her homesickness for southern Maryland. She now lives on the prairie with her husband, son, and mom. When she's not writing, reading, lifting weights, or cooking dinners her son won't eat, you'll find her in the garden or brewing potions from her medicinal herbs.

Connect with Megan
Website | https://www.meganmontgomerywrites.com/
Goodreads | https://bit.ly/3ApwzOo
Amazon | https://amzn.to/3yd6DDu
Facebook | https://bit.ly/2SORJEI
Instagram | https://bit.ly/3haMSqI
Twitter | https://bit.ly/36abGZK
Bookbub | https://bit.ly/3ha2Xgm
Pinterest | https://bit.ly/3wcgHeH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...