Skip to main content

Review / Release Blitz: Never Trust the Living (Battle Crows MC #7) by Lani Lynn Vale

Never Trust the Living
Battle Crows MC, Book 7
Lani Lynn Vale
Release Date: October 4, 2022


About the Book
It’s not every day that someone tries to pin a murder on you and a random girl you just met. But Bram Crow isn’t your average, everyday guy, either.

One second, he’s hiding evidence with the girl, and the next, he has to marry her so a police detective doesn’t get suspicious.

Did he mention that he had a long-term girlfriend at the time?

To say that things didn’t go as planned would be an understatement.

To say that falling in love with his wife, definitely wasn’t part of the plan, either.

Nor was her leaving me when I finally realized she was my world.

Purchase Links
✦ Amazon: https://amzn.to/3BxTOsb
✦ Apple: https://apple.co/3B6ugkk
✦ Nook: https://bit.ly/3LdfsVJ
✦ Kobo: https://bit.ly/3U171R
✦ Audio: COMING SOON

Add to your TBR: https://bit.ly/3j2zg1


MY REVIEW

Dory's had a horrible, horrible life. Lived it in fear of her sociopathic brother and when the day would come that he finally killed her. Then something happens that changes the trajectory of that life. But is what comes after really better? Is living with a marriage of convenience with a husband that doesn't love her, treats her awfully, better than living with a horrible brother?


Bram had no idea how much his wife really meant to him until the day he came home and she was gone. Oh he knew that he'd treated her horribly for the past 10 years, but he also knew that he loved her. Why he was so horrible was one thing, but if he ever found her, he'd bring her back and spend the rest of their lives groveling at her feet and treating her the way she deserved - like the queen that she is. Now he just has to make sure they get through the next few months alive, and that the threat that's been hovering over them like a a specter is gone for good.


OK I have to get this out first - I was so mad at Bram, from the first page when he admitted how badly he'd treated poor Dory, clear til the last page of their story. Why? Well, I'm still not sure if he deserved all the awesomeness that is Dory. But, because she loved him I guess I can give him a pass. I will always have my doubts, and will always think Dory deserved much, much better than Bram gave her during the first 10 years of their marriage, but by the end I had decided that I loved Dory and her story enough that I could fairly rate this 5 stars. I'm going to miss the Battle Crows crew, but I know a new world is coming, one that starts with Wake (yay!!!) and Dutch, so I am consoling myself with this knowledge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!