Title: Heart of Gold
A Heart Series Spin-Off Novella
Author: Amie Knight
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Tropes: Lifelong Friends to Lovers College Romance
Release Date: April 14, 2023
A Heart Series Spin-Off Novella
Author: Amie Knight
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Tropes: Lifelong Friends to Lovers College Romance
Release Date: April 14, 2023
BLURB
I was eight the first time I saw her.
Ramsay Katherine Walker.
She was the prettiest girl I’d ever seen.
But eight-year-old Ramsay had nothing on grown-up Ramsay.
And now that we were in college, I was finding it harder and harder to hide my feelings.
But how do you tell your best friend in the world that you’re in love with them?
If you’re me, you don’t.
But with college guys pawing at my girl, I know I can’t wait any longer.
I can only hope she feels the same way.
Ramsay Katherine Walker.
She was the prettiest girl I’d ever seen.
But eight-year-old Ramsay had nothing on grown-up Ramsay.
And now that we were in college, I was finding it harder and harder to hide my feelings.
But how do you tell your best friend in the world that you’re in love with them?
If you’re me, you don’t.
But with college guys pawing at my girl, I know I can’t wait any longer.
I can only hope she feels the same way.
PURCHASE LINKS
MY REVIEW
Will was entranced the first time he saw Ramsay when he was 8 and she was the new girl at school. In the time since, he's become her best friend, and his fascination with her has only gotten stronger. But when he finds out there's another guy interested in her, it stirs up something in him, and he decides he's finally going to claim his best friend. Now he just has to convince her that their friendship can withstand anything that happens after stepping over that line.
While Will has been in love with Ramsay, she's had her own unrequited (so she thinks) feelings for him. But she'll never cross that line over worries of ruining their friendship, so perhaps her other friend Asia is right, and she needs to put herself out there with a cute guy named Kris. Except...Will's acting strange now that he knows. Is it possible he's felt the same way for her all these years?
Awww! These two best friends are so adorable, neither knowing their feelings all this time were reciprocated. Because this is a novella, it could have felt rushed or incomplete, but it reads like a complete story, with a sweet pair of best friends who have crazy chemistry. I love a special part of the story, it only adds to the sweetness and makes it that much more obvious that they're true soulmates.
AUTHOR BIO
USA Today bestselling author Amie Knight has been a reader for as long as she can remember and a romance lover since she could get her hands on her momma's books. She’s a dedicated wife and mother with a deep love of music, makeup, and house plants. When she isn't reading and writing, you can catch her jamming out in the car with her two kids and husband to '90s R&B, country, and show tunes. Amie draws inspiration from her childhood in Columbia, South Carolina, and can't imagine living anywhere other than the South.
AUTHOR LINKS









Comments
Post a Comment