Title: Resist
Author: Ava Harrison
Genre: Contemporary Romance Tropes: Grumpy/Sunshine, Forced Proximity
Release Date: May 15, 2023
Author: Ava Harrison
Genre: Contemporary Romance Tropes: Grumpy/Sunshine, Forced Proximity
Release Date: May 15, 2023
BLURB
From USA Today bestselling author Ava Harrison comes a steamy standalone romance about a grumpy talent agent and the gorgeous business rival who can’t stand him.
He’s the hotshot agent who hates my guts.
I’m the (almost) one-night stand turned business rival.
Imagine my surprise when Paxton Ramsey shows up across the boardroom table.
Gone is the sexy smirk, replaced by open hostility with a side of taunting.
His overbearing, grumpy attitude makes my blood boil.
But I can’t forget the taste of our kiss. The thrill of his touch.
Our clients expect us to work together.
I can’t even stand being in the same zip code.
Surely, I can survive one week trapped on an island with my nemesis?
Until one week turns into two. Then three. Then four.
When he flaunts his power to make my career dreams come true…
It takes everything in me not to ruin his.
Paxton Ramsey thinks he’ll be the death of me.
But I just might teach him how to live in the process.
He’s the hotshot agent who hates my guts.
I’m the (almost) one-night stand turned business rival.
Imagine my surprise when Paxton Ramsey shows up across the boardroom table.
Gone is the sexy smirk, replaced by open hostility with a side of taunting.
His overbearing, grumpy attitude makes my blood boil.
But I can’t forget the taste of our kiss. The thrill of his touch.
Our clients expect us to work together.
I can’t even stand being in the same zip code.
Surely, I can survive one week trapped on an island with my nemesis?
Until one week turns into two. Then three. Then four.
When he flaunts his power to make my career dreams come true…
It takes everything in me not to ruin his.
Paxton Ramsey thinks he’ll be the death of me.
But I just might teach him how to live in the process.
PURCHASE LINKS
Free in Kindle Unlimited
MY REVIEW
Paxton and Mallory have their eye on each other, not knowing they are rival agents, her not knowing her father's reputation will have him hating her. But how will his behavior affect them while in forced proximity while on location for their clients' next movie? Their attraction is simmering, no doubt, but so is their antagonism and their preconceptions of each other.
Enemies to lovers, forced proximity, alphahole - check, check, and check! The tension between these two rivals is so think, so hot, I was just waiting for it to finally come to a head, and when it did...whew! Mallory is the real star here in my eyes, though, more than their sizzling chemistry, more than alpha jerk Paxton. Contrary to the image of the Hollywood industry, she leads with her heart and compassion, potentially sacrificing her own career for her client's sake, for her mental health. Paxton didn't help matters with his reckless behavior and his initial refusal to see Mallory for who she is, as someone more than just her father's reputation, more than just her father's daughter. I do love it when the alpha is brought to his knees by a strong, sassy woman, that it's this woman for Paxton makes it all the better reading as he falls, hard, for her.
AUTHOR BIO
Ava Harrison is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author.
When she’s not journaling her life, you can find her window shopping, cooking dinner for her family, or curled up on her couch reading a book.
When she’s not journaling her life, you can find her window shopping, cooking dinner for her family, or curled up on her couch reading a book.
AUTHOR LINKS







Comments
Post a Comment