Skip to main content

Review / Blog Tour: A Reckless Memory (Oil Knights #1) by Marie Johnston


A Reckless Memory, an all-new second chance, small-town standalone romance from bestselling author Marie Johnston is available now!


I fled minutes before my wedding when I learned my fiancé had been paid to marry me. Ten years, too many crappy exes, and one drunken decision later, I’m now his boss.

A night out with a friend turned into shots and duping an old ex of mine into taking a job at my budding horse rescue.

The last time Ansen Barron saw me, I was fishtailing away from our wedding with his dog. When he arrives, I expect him to reverse right back down my driveway after he learns I’m his boss.

I don’t expect to find a jaded man in the place of the easygoing guy I was once engaged to. I also don’t expect my heart to race when he’s around.

Or for him to treat me like I always meant more to him than a payday.

I don’t regret hiring him. He’s the best man for the job, and he’s trying to prove he’s changed, one melting kiss at a time.

But no matter how hot we are together, I can’t forget I once thought he was the best man for me and maybe it’s safer for my heart if he stays a reckless memory.


Start reading today!
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3N8WTEK
Amazon Worldwide: https://mybook.to/arecklessmemory

Learn more about Marie Johnston and her releases by visiting her website: https://mariejohnstonwriter.com

MY REVIEW

A night filled with poor decisions has landed Aggie the man who broke her heart. Now Ansen's here, is down on his luck and needs the job she (fueled by her best friend drunkenly egging her on) offered him. If she can keep remembering the pain of discovering he was only going to marry her because her father paid him, she can work with him, then send him on his way when the job is done, her heart intact.


Aggie is the kind of heroine I love best - she's strong and determined to be independent, regardless of her overprotective brothers' wishes. I love how much she stood up for herself, to her brothers and to Ansen. Now Ansen on the other hand, I had a really hard time connecting to him, I just never forgave him for what he did to Aggie in the past, and he wasn't exactly the strongest character in the present. It's only because Aggie loved him that he got the slimmest of passes from me. Everyone else aside from Ansen, though, I loved. This second chance has me eager for more Oil Knights now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti

Review of One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti ONE LITTLE LIE Hollis is a good girl with a crush on a broody musician. Unfortunately, that boy, Adam, hates her. Why? Because the chip on his shoulder leaves him thinking good girl, rich girl Hollis is a lemming like everyone else in their small town. Which makes it even more unfortunate when years after their high school encounter, Hollis' best friend tries to stick up for her and ends up telling her parents that Adam is the the boyfriend Hollis doesn't actually have. Oops. How will Hollis ever convince Adam to go along with her little lie? I really liked One Little Lie. Hollis is a really naive girl, but she has such a huge heart that I couldn't help but fall in love with her spirit. She's so sweet, so compassionate, the kind of person this world needs more of. Adam, on the other hand, eh, he didn't do much for me. His chip on the shoulder, broody asshole attitude did nothing to endear me to him, but because H...

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...