Skip to main content

Review / Release Blitz: The Accidental Dating Experiment (How to Date #4) by Lauren Blakely

My best friend's little sister asks me to be her dating coach while we're working in a small town for a week. The answer? She can practice dating me.


From #1 New York Times bestselling author Lauren Blakely, comes a brand new brother’s best friend, forced proximity, second chance, small town romance. THE ACCIDENTAL DATING EXPERIMENT is now available in eBook and paperback for the first time TODAY! And every eBook and paperback edition has an exclusive 4000-word bonus chapter in it! One-click your copy of THE ACCIDENTAL DATING EXPERIMENT today!

✦ Amazon ➜ https://blkly.pub/TADEAmazon
✦ Paperback ➜ https://www.amazon.com/dp/1964048052/
✦ Audible ➜ https://blkly.pub/TADEAudible

💭☀ Grumpy/Sunshine
🏘 Small Town
👟 The One Who Got Away
💜 Second Chance
💛 Brother’s Best Friend
🏅 Dating Coach
🛏 Forced Proximity
😍 He’s Obsessed with Her
💯 It’s Always been You


About THE ACCIDENTAL DATING EXPERIMENT
I’ve spent the better part of eight years resisting my best friend’s little sister. What’s one more week? The hardest week ever when it includes a proposition to be her dating coach.


Eight years ago I fell into a secret summer fling with the bright, big-hearted Juliet before our lives went in different directions.

Now, I’m the grumpy to her sunshine on a popular dating podcast we host, and when a wealthy fan gives us a charming coastal cottage as the biggest thank you ever, we head to the town where I grew up to give it a makeover.

And find the house has only one bed.

Located under a mirrored ceiling.

To make matters even harder, the woman I’ve been pining for tells me she wants to try to find the one and would I please be her dating coach for the week?

Like hell I’ll let her date other men. I’ll coach her on three dates with me.

But the second I take her out, I don’t feel like her teacher. I feel like she’s mine, especially when the first night ends with us tangled up together in that bed.

Each night we grow closer, but this dating experiment forces me to face my greatest fear – whether a man like me is worthy of her love.

Even though I’m already head over heels for her.

✦ Amazon ➜ https://blkly.pub/TADEAmazon
✦ Paperback ➜ https://www.amazon.com/dp/1964048052/
✦ Audible ➜ https://blkly.pub/TADEAudible

MY REVIEW


Monroe and Juliet never seem to get their timing right. They had a fling years ago but it didn't last, as they then went their separate ways afterward. Now they're back in each other's lives, as coworkers and even friends (her brother is his best friend). Though their fling didn't last, their chemistry still sizzles, and they find themselves in close proximity thanks to a superfan listener of their podcast, and that chemistry has its way with them. But are they really just letting themselves be instructor and student as Monroe becomes her dating coach for the week?


Juliet has a history of bad dates, and Monroe loves to snark at her about it on their podcast. They don't talk about their ill advised fling, but it's always in the room like the proverbial elephant, just as are their feelings. Asking him to be her dating coach for the week they're staying in this bonkers house together is either the best thing she's ever done and will gain her some stellar dates, or the worst and she'll (they'll) get her heart broken because Monroe is emotionally unavailable typified.


Brother's best friend, second chance, one bed - check, check, check! One of my favorite things about Juliet and Monroe's story, about Lauren's writing in general, is the banter. It's so on point here - snarky, witty, funny, with their underlying feelings and chemistry lacing every word. Monroe is the one with the emotional scars, making him the grumpster with feelings of insecurity and afraid he's not able to give Juliet what she deserves. Thank God he's able to, with some good advice from friends, move past his baggage and realize he's actually the perfect man for her. These two are actually pretty sweet for a pair of grumpy/sunshine friends who finally give into their feelings. The How to Date series has been all kinds of sexy fun, now I'm really excited for Fable and Wilder's story next, My Favorite Holidate. I can't wait to see if Juliet was right about them.



About Lauren Blakely
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that’s cute but spicy. Lauren likes dogs, cake and show tunes and is the vegetarian at your dinner party.

Website: http://laurenblakely.com/newsletter
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LaurenBlakelyBooks
Instagram: http://instagram.com/laurenblakelybooks
Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@laurenblakelybooks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...