Skip to main content

Review / Release Blitz: The Desire by Karen Deen


Title: The Desire
Author: Karen Deen
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Tropes: Billionaire/Age Gap/Forced Proximity
Friends to Lovers/Workplace Romance
Release Date: June 23, 2024

BLURB

I control the uncontrollable, it’s my life, it’s what I do.
Until she walks in… untouchable and tempting.
Watching her is like a crackling fire, warm and inviting.
She’ll burn me if I let her… so I need to resist.

Except what if I can’t?

With the potential to shatter my world, I’m walking away.
Until my situation changes and I need her help.
Unfortunately, not in the way I’ve dreamt of.

And here I find myself, making her an offer.
Work for me and live under my roof.
But first, I’m forced to agree to her ridiculous list of demands.
I’m not allowed to flirt, touch, or talk dirty,
and dancing in the dark is definitely out of the question.

What if these rules were made to be broken?



PURCHASE LINKS
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
UNIVERSAL
Free in Kindle Unlimited


ALSO AVAILABLE


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited


MY REVIEW


When Remington "Rem" and Elouise "El" had a memorable night, they agreed it wasn't to be repeated or spoken of after. Their friend circle would never be the same, and she already doesn't feel like she belongs in their world, so she isn't about to do anything to rock the boat. And then there's Rem...he's a bachelor who doesn't do relationships or commitment. But when a relationship he never wanted or thought he'd have is dropped in his lap, El is the only one he can think of to help him. But will she agree to his high-handed demand?


I normally love me an alpha, but he has to have something redeeming about him that isn't just the person he loves. I didn't find anything very likable about Rem. Not only was he high-handed with El (and others) from the very beginning, he was determined she do everything, give her all, while he gave nothing. Nope, not even. But aside from disliking Rem, there were a few other reasons why I couldn't give this 4 stars - the writing was choppy, especially in the dialogue and inner dialogue. I feel as if the author doesn't either believe in contractions, or doesn't like using them, and it took me out of the story every time. There are things I like though - El is sassy and strong, and her circle and Rem's circle are awesome, and the chemistry is sizzling hot.


AUTHOR BIO


Karen Deen is an author who loves to write love stories that will stay with you long after you’ve finished reading them. Her stories are filled with spice and witty banter, while being full of emotion, comedy, suspense and twists and turns that you never see coming. All the time steering her characters to their happily ever after. Everything you need in a good love story.

Writing has become her career, which she is lucky to be doing in such a picturesque hometown near Sydney, Australia. Enjoying life over good meals with her childhood sweetheart husband, three adult children and their ever-growing family. Or a sneaky lunch or coffee date with friends that involve laughter until your sides hurt.

AUTHOR LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!