Skip to main content

Review / Release Blitz: Fake Shot (Boston Rebels #2) by Julia Connors


๐Ÿ’๐๐Ž๐– ๐€๐•๐€๐ˆ๐‹๐€๐๐‹๐„๐Ÿ’

๐…๐š๐ค๐ž ๐’๐ก๐จ๐ญ by Julia Connors is LIVE!!! He's the reformed bad boy goalie. She's his best friend's sister turned roommate. A fake engagement, a viral kiss, and secrets threaten to change everything…

Purchase Today!
https://geni.us/fakeshot

Add to Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/204943193-fake-shot

What to expect:
๐Ÿ’Brother’s best friend
๐Ÿ’Age Gap
๐Ÿ’Forced proximity
๐Ÿ’Fake Engagement
๐Ÿ’Reformed playboy/virgin heroine
๐Ÿ’ Slow Burn


Blurb
After fifteen years of tending goal for the Boston Rebels, I’m known for two things: the highest save percentage in the league, and never spending more than one night with the same woman.

I’m definitely not the guy you should trust with your best friend’s little sister. Especially not when that sister, Jules, is eight years younger and my new roommate.

When I witness her on the verge of a panic attack while being intimidated by another man, I don’t think twice about calling her my fiancรฉe and kissing her. Which brings me to the third thing I’m known for: reckless and impulsive decision-making.

After a video of that steamy kiss goes viral, the whole world is convinced we’re engaged. If we don’t play along, I risk losing my place as the starting goalie for the Rebels, and Jules’s reputation and career could tank.

Our engagement may be fake, but the memories of the way she tastes, and the feel of her body wrapped around mine, are all too real. And the more time we spend together, the less it feels like pretending.

None of the secrets from my past seem to matter as much when I’m with her. It turns out, Jules may have some secrets of her own – and uncovering them just might be what heals me…or what finally breaks me.


MY REVIEW


Jules decided she was over her annoying crush on her brother's best friend, Colt, long ago. So she should be able to have him as a roommate for a short time, without it bothering her too much, right? Wrong. Because forced proximity always brings out feelings that lie below the surface. So that tension? Yeah not going anywhere especially now that they're in a fake engagement situation thanks to a viral video and article. They'll both just have to remember it's fake, though...


Colt doesn't want to be noticing Jules in this light. Not now that they're temporary roommates. Not now that they're in a fake engagement. And definitely because his best friend is her brother, her very protective brother. He can't help himself though from falling for his beautiful fake fiancรฉe, even if he isn't sure she'll ever let down her walls enough for him to have her heart. She has secrets he wants to know, a past he can tell hurts her even now.


These two had my heart from the first page. I knew Jules' story was going to be good, and boy is it. She's such a contradiction - strong and tough, a badass woman successful in a typically male dominated field, but with scars on her soul from men who don't deserve to even be in the same room as she. That's why Colt is so perfect for her. He has his own scars, and knows he shouldn't feel the way he does for his best friend's sister. But he should have known Jameson would only cheer them on, because Colt's become the man Jules deserves. I think this my favorite story by Julia yet, and Jules and Colt are definitely my favorite couple of hers. And now I'm anxiously waiting for the next hockey couple to fall in love - I know they're gonna set my Kindle on fire!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti

Review of One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti ONE LITTLE LIE Hollis is a good girl with a crush on a broody musician. Unfortunately, that boy, Adam, hates her. Why? Because the chip on his shoulder leaves him thinking good girl, rich girl Hollis is a lemming like everyone else in their small town. Which makes it even more unfortunate when years after their high school encounter, Hollis' best friend tries to stick up for her and ends up telling her parents that Adam is the the boyfriend Hollis doesn't actually have. Oops. How will Hollis ever convince Adam to go along with her little lie? I really liked One Little Lie. Hollis is a really naive girl, but she has such a huge heart that I couldn't help but fall in love with her spirit. She's so sweet, so compassionate, the kind of person this world needs more of. Adam, on the other hand, eh, he didn't do much for me. His chip on the shoulder, broody asshole attitude did nothing to endear me to him, but because H...

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...