Skip to main content

Review: Second Chance Husband (First Time #3) by Carrie Ann Ryan


SECOND CHANCE HUSBAND (The First Time Series Book 3) by Carrie Ann Ryan is LIVE NOW!

Purchase Here: https://geni.us/SecondHusbandChoice


The First Time series concludes with an enemies to lovers romance that has been a long time coming. August and Paisley finally figure out what they’ve been missing.

The first time I got married, I watched the man I love walk away from me.

The second time around, I’m the one signing the dotted line first—this one a man who I realized I never loved.

Once burned, twice broken, I’m done looking for love.

Only my first ex-husband seems to be everywhere I turn—at my work, with my friends, and eventually…in my bed.

I didn’t mean for it to happen.

Twice.

But I know if I don’t protect my heart, there will be nothing left of me if he walks away again without telling me why he did so in the first place.

I don’t know if I can trust this new version of ourselves or if it’s merely the heat between us striking hot.

After all, second chances only exist in my dreams.

And there’s no such thing as a second chance husband.

MY REVIEW


Paisley just signed the papers for her SECOND divorce, and she wants to feel like a different woman for once. So she's off to a bar to drown her sorrows. Unfortunately for her, her FIRST husband is there with his girlfriend and ends up being the one to take her to his home to give her a place to sleep it off. She's never gotten over August, he's the man she compared everyone else to, including her second husband. But now she's a free woman, so she can go back to her lonely but successful life, avoid August as much as possible, which really isn't much considering she's besties with his sisters-in-law, and try to keep her scheming mother off her back. She underestimated the physical connection she and August have, though, and they keep coming back to each other in a destructive cycle sure to break her heart all over again. Will this be a second chance possibly? Is August ever going to tell her why he left her before and why he can't leave her alone now?


August had very good reasons for divorcing Paisley when they were so young and in love. He thought he had gotten over her since then, but then she storms back into his life one night and now he can't seem to leave her alone even though he knows damn well he's not any better for her now than he was back then. But if he can take his head out of his ass, he might see that now is the time for their second chance. That they're different people now, mature and they can have the life together they wanted back then.


Oh my God these two! I wanted to smack them so hard so many freaking times, but at the same time I sympathized with them, because they really did still love each other. They just needed to communicate better, and lay it all on the line so that they could finally be on the same page. August in particular's hot and cold, push and pull nonsense drove me nuts, but I also wanted to give him a big hug (after I smacked him) and tell him he really wasn't the man he had thought, that he deserved love, he deserved Paisley, and he deserved happiness. And poor Paisley...she had it rough. Her mother was absolutely horrible, the kind of mother no one deserves, and it had done a number on her psyche. I loved it when she finally stood up to her and her ex, and became the boss woman she was in the office. She and August are such a great way to end this series, all their highs and lows, their rollercoaster love story, and their seriously hot chemistry - they're a perfect example of why I love second chance stories so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...