Skip to main content

Review / Release Blitz: Connor (The Billionaires of Whispers #3) by Samantha Skye


CONNOR
Samantha Skye
Release Date: May 20

Buy Link:

https://books2read.com/connor3

Why you need to #ONECLICK this book…
🔥Small Town
🥃Opposites Attract
🔥Billionaire
🥃Workplace
🔥Suspense
🥃6+9= A really good time
🔥Plus Sized Heroine
🥃Whiskey Play


Blurb
The moment a billionaire walks into my wellness clinic, it’s clear we don’t get along. Somewhere between the incense and the herbal tea, he starts insulting the business and stealing my ideas. Right then and there, I decide he needs to go.

But then he offers me a job. One I can’t refuse. I have big dreams and even bigger bills to pay, and this opportunity will set me up for life.

So I find myself in Whispers - the small town where billionaires come to hide. There’s more money in this town per square foot than anywhere else in the country, and thanks to Whiteman Whiskey, I’m now building my dream spa. For them.

But Connor Whiteman and I don’t see eye to eye.

Owner of the company, Connor, is what girls call swoony. He’s huge, all man, charming, seductively sweet - just like his liquor - and also best friends with the president. Not to mention, a pain in my side.

As a plus-sized woman, I’ve faced my share of insecurities, yet Connor instills confidence I never knew I had. Our arguments become electric, our flirting off the charts. But he is my boss, I’m his employee, and we’re playing with fire.

I should've stayed away. I should've kept my distance. Because when my past comes back to haunt me, it puts him in danger, and I don’t want them to take Connor down too.

MY REVIEW


Connor's not really a spa day kind of guy, but he promised he'd go to this one so he can scope it out for inspiration for his family's own spa. Then Daisy saunters into his room and his heart beats faster and he can't make sense of what he's feeling. Then he opens his mouth and insults her and her clinic. Yikes. Yeah she's not going to take the consulting job he just offered her, is she? Or maybe she is, despite how much he bugs her, and despite how much she's attracted to him...


Daisy's got big ideas, contemporary ideas, for bringing her mother's wellness center/spa into the present, but her mom seems happy with the old-school thing she's got going on. Then a big, gorgeous billionaire walks in and starts immediately insulting her. The real nerve though? When he offers her a job after insulting her. She doesn't want to work with a rude, smug man, but she does want this job. She's going to take it and try to not fall for the man she's starting to see is not at all the jerk he was when she first met him.


Connor and Daisy are adorable. He may have given her a horrible first impression, but he soon showed his true personality and then she couldn't help but fall for him - in all his sweet, supportive and protective ways. Daisy was truly a flower in bloom in the right setting, one where Connor was her biggest cheerleader, someone who appreciated her intelligence and her dreams and wanted only for her to realize them. Their relationship was a true slow burn, with sizzling chemistry, and 2 people who deserved the happiness they finally achieved with each other. These billionaires in Whispers are intriguing, I can't wait for Sawyer's story next now.


Meet Samantha Skye
Samantha Skye is a contemporary romance author from Melbourne, Australia. A country kid turned city slicker, Samantha writes characters that are as diverse as they are devilishly handsome.

Her unique brand of suspenseful spice deftly combines the risky and the risqué, setting hearts pounding for more than one reason! When she’s not plotting her next novel, Samantha can be found chatting on podcasts, or anywhere there’s sunshine.

An avid traveler, Samantha is just as comfortable in gumboots as she is in Christian Louboutins...but she’s usually having more fun in the latter.

Connect with Samantha Skye
https://linktr.ee/samanthaskyeauthor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...