Skip to main content

Review Blitz: Power (Sinners and Saints #2) by Kathy Lockheart


Power by Kathy Lockheart is now live!

I wrote a revenge list about my boss and accidentally handed it to my new CEO. Then I accidentally slept with that billionaire CEO. You'd think things couldn't get any worse, but spoiler alert: they absolutely did.

Let me explain.

That revenge list was supposed to be private—the kind you write after three margaritas and burn in the morning. And that wild weekend with a gorgeous stranger? Definitely wasn't on my to-do list. (Though maybe it should've been, because... wow.)

Watching him stride onto our company stage as the new CEO Monday morning wasn't part of the plan either.

Now I'm trapped in the world's most dangerous forbidden workplace romance, where every heated glance reminds me of what those hands can do. And Jace (Mr. CEO) won't stop until he exposes the truth—unaware that his best friend is the one behind my list, and a man hiding secrets that could bring down an empire.

The question isn't whether this will blow up in our faces.

It's who will lose more when it does...

From International & Amazon Top 25 Bestselling Author Kathy Lockheart, POWER is a forbidden workplace romance featuring a dangerously obsessive, morally gray billionaire CEO.

Download today or read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited
Amazon: http://bit.ly/3JgS90g

Goodreads: http://bit.ly/4mh7lck

MY REVIEW

Scarlett's been making her way up the ladder at her company, but there's a sleazy obstacle in her way - her disgusting boss. So she decides to blow off some steam with her friend at a bar, and they make a revenge list that somehow ends up in hands of a gorgeous guy. Sounds OK, but she ends up spending the weekend with him and...lo and behold he's the new CEO and the boss of her own asshole boss. How is this her life? But more importantly, how will she keep her heart intact after Jace sneaks past all her walls?


Jace's visceral reaction to the gorgeous woman in the bar should have sent up red flags immediately, considering his normal view of relationships, but something about Scarlett (and her amusing list) has kept her in his mind even after she left. Now he's the CEO of her company and he's having an even harder time keeping her off his mind. His restraint is about to snap and lead him (them) down a delicious but very forbidden path that could end in a way neither of them could have ever foreseen.

This is the first I've read of this author, so I was absolutely not prepared for the direction Jace and Scarlett's love story took, but I liked it, no, LOVED it! Their physical connection is so intense, so delicious, but their emotional connection kept me reading, even as Scarlett kept pushing Jace away. Thankfully Jace is the type to never give up when he wants something or someone, and kept on, determined to chip away at Scarlett's walls, and claim her heart. I do so love me a possessive, morally gray man, and Jace is just that - in all the best ways. No one but Scarlett would have been the perfect partner for him, with her strength and determination, her sass, and her inner vulnerable parts, that only Jace saw, supported, and loved her for. There's also a very tight supporting cast surrounding our couple, Jace's group chats with the guys are top notch snarky fun, and Scarlett's spitfire friend, Dakota? Whew! I can't wait for hers and Axel's story next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...