Skip to main content

Review Blitz: It Seemed Like a Good Idea (Darling Springs #1) by Lauren Blakely


When a film crew descends on my flower farm to shoot a romcom, my stress levels shoot through the roof. A secret fling with my hot, origami-loving bodyguard is exactly what I need to blow off steam… and exactly what I can’t have.


From #1 New York Times bestselling author Lauren Blakely comes IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA, the first standalone small town romance in her upcoming Darling Springs rom com series! This sexy, only one bed, forced proximity, forbidden small town rom com answers the question: what happens when a lavender farmer gets a bodyguard who just happens to be the sexy grump from her one-night-stand who got away! IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA is now available in all formats and free to read in Kindle Unlimited! Check out the excerpt below, and one-click your copy today!

https://laurenblakely.com/book/it-seemed-like-a-good-idea/


⛅Grumpy/Sunshine
🏡Small Town Shenanigans
💙He’s Her Bodyguard
💋Forced Proximity
🛏️Only One Bed in the Room
🏃‍One-Night-Stand Who Got Away
🚫Forbidden
😄Romantic Comedy
❤️‍🩹Hate to Love
💟Protective Hero
🪻She Owns a Lavender Farm
😜Banter for Days
🩵"You're Mine" Swoon
😍DIY Toys
⛔"We Can't Keep Doing This" Vibes


About IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA
He ghosted me once, now he’s supposed to protect me?

I don’t need a bodyguard—I run a small-town lavender farm, for bee’s sake. But when my identical twin sister lands the movie role of a lifetime that’s being shot in my hometown I get one anyway.

And guess which broody, tattooed protector the studio sends to keep the paparazzi off my porch?

Last month’s almost one-night stand.

The guy with the wicked mouth and heated eyes who slipped out before the fun even started. But turns out the sexy jerk is excellent at rescuing me from sneaky photographers at the market. Then the coffee shop. I’m trying hard to stay mad after the third time my new bodyguard saves me.

To top it all off, he’s staying in the cottage at my farm. With me. And there’s only one bed.

Maybe if we finally give in and finish what we started, it’ll relieve the tension? But one night quickly turns into another. Then into late-night secrets and soft confessions we shouldn’t say out loud. Especially since he’s leaving and I’m staying, and there’s no way we can be more than a summer romance that ends far too soon.

Escape into a spicy and hilarious forbidden small town rom com from #1 New York Times bestselling author Lauren Blakely!

https://laurenblakely.com/book/it-seemed-like-a-good-idea/

READ THE EXCERPT:

Ripley


He’s touching me in some kind of slo-mo seduction. His fingers move to my jawline, the pads grazing along my face, then coming to a stop at my chin where he holds me. Roams his thumb right under my lower lip. Breathes out hard, full of wanting.

I am done.

“Just kiss me,” I whisper, already begging.

His lips curve up in the pleased grin of a man who holds the cards. “Patience,” he says, voice deep and in charge.

“I’m not feeling very patient,” I murmur.

“Good,” he says, a lion toying with his prey.

Pounce on me.

ONE-CLICK YOUR COPY TODAY!
https://laurenblakely.com/book/it-seemed-like-a-good-idea/


MY REVIEW


When Ripley's twin sister Haven gets her big break, it means Ripley's getting her break too - the movie will be shot on her lavender farm, bringing Ripley into danger from paparazzi and overzealous fans. What does all this mean? Well, for one, it means the studio wants her to have a bodyguard. Not only does Ripley not want (or need, so she thinks) a bodyguard, but she definitely doesn't want the one who shows up to save her - the guy who left her with a short note after noping out of their ons before it even happened.


Banks and Ripley are grumpy/sassy sunshine perfection. His screwup at the beginning wasn't a good look for him, but his real personality is so sweet. Grumpy yes, but with a soft heart, especially for Ripley. The banter is witty and funny, the spice is HOT, the protective bodyguard is no match for his sassy farmer, and the heart is sweet and beautiful. Lauren's written some of my favorite stories, has some of my favorite characters, and Ripley and her origami-giving bodyguard have cemented themselves into my heart along with them.


ABOUT LAUREN BLAKELY


A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that’s cute but spicy. Lauren likes dogs, cake and show tunes and is the vegetarian at your dinner party.

Connect w/ Lauren
Website:
http://laurenblakely.com/newsletter
NL Signup: http://laurenblakely.com/newsletter
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LaurenBlakelyBooks
Instagram: http://instagram.com/laurenblakelybooks
Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@laurenblakelybooks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!