Skip to main content

Review Blitz: A Puck Between Friends (Gods Versus Monsters Hockey #3) by J.R. Gray


A PUCK BETWEEN FRIENDS
J.R. Gray
Release Date: April 1

Buy Link:
https://mybook.to/APuckBetweenFriendsGVM
Available in KU

Why you need to #ONECLICK this book…

🏒MM
💚bisexual awakening
🏒sister's ex
💚fake dating
🏒hockey
💚goalie
🏒idiots to lovers
💚friends to lovers
🏒first time with a guy
💚sworn off relationships
🏒emotional scars
💚pining/yearning


Blurb
When my best friend offers to come as my date to my sister’s wedding to get back at my sister for breaking his heart, I agree thinking it will be hilarious. What I didn’t consider was that I’ve been in love with him half my life, and all the consequences of us fake dating.

My family demands I bring my new boyfriend to her shower first, and things only go downhill from there. My sister is marrying the goalie from our rival team who immediately is up in arms about us dating.

Fair, but I don’t have time to dwell on it as things quickly get weird with my best friend. Wolfe is straight, it shouldn’t be weird right? It’s fake after all. But I’m so wrong. He kisses me like I’ve never been kissed before, and then we both realize we have to keep this up for months until the wedding.

Between the unexpected sexual tension, hockey, and the secrets we are keeping. I don’t know how we’re going to get through the season.

MY REVIEW


Wilder Archangel "Angel" has been in love with his straight best friend Atticus Wolfe forever it seems. Angel's watched as Wolfe dated Angel's sister, had his heart broken by her, and then only had hookups with women after in a bid to keep his heart from being broken again. But now said sister is getting married, and Angel needs a date for her wedding. Wolfe offering to come as Angel's fake date seems a little like poetic justice, but Angel can't forget it's fake. Wolfe is straight, right?


Wolfe is attached at the hip to his best friend, Angel, and doesn't want to think about how that will change once he's drafted. For now, though, offering up himself as Angel's fake date to Wolfe's cheating ex's (and Angel's sister) wedding will not only serve as a way to prove to said ex that he's not worried about her any longer, it will also be more time spent with Angel. He didn't foresee that his feelings for Angel would evolve, and now he's wondering if he's always had more than friendly feelings for Angel and just didn't realize it. He doesn't care that he's never been with a guy before, he now knows how he really feels for Wolfe. No one's going to stifle his feelings and he's not about to deny those feelings, regardless of what his awful father says or anyone else in the league.


These two friends to more are adorable, clueless at times, but adorable. The way their friendship evolved was just so natural and seamless (and hot!), and I was rooting for them from the first page. Wolfe is probably my favorite with the way he didn't question how his feelings had evolved, and that he didn't want to hide how he felt either, from anyone. Angel is the one who questioned, not himself, but Wolfe, but Wolfe was more than up to the challenge to prove to him that his feelings were real. The guys also have a whole crew around them that are the kind of found family we all wish we had, and I'm really excited to read their stories as they are released.


Meet J.R. Gray
Gray is a cynical Chicago native, who drinks coffee all day, barely sleeps, and is a little too fashion obsessed. He writes realistic and damaged characters because everyone deserves a happily ever after.

Connect with J.R. Gray
https://www.instagram.com/hipsterwriter/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!