CARRY ON WAYWARD SON
Harper Jackson
Release Date: August 21
AVAILABLE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED
Harper Jackson
Release Date: August 21
AVAILABLE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED
Final book in the Wayward Sons series.
I've spent my career searching for the missing.
The irony isn't lost on me.
When the investigative podcast I work for gets a request to look into a cold case off the Carolina coast, there are a hundred reasons I should say no. But some cases find you for a reason, and this one hits too close to home to refuse.
Hatterwick Island is beautiful and insular and hiding something far deeper than one missing girl. The closer we get to the truth, the more dangerous it becomes—for the investigation, for the people I'm working with, and for me in ways I can't afford to examine too closely.
Jace Hollingsworth is island royalty with twelve years in the Navy and eyes that don't miss much. He's got good instincts, and he's already suspicious of me.
I have good reasons to be careful.
But the longer I stay on this island, the harder it gets to remember why I was so determined to keep my distance—from the case, from these people, and from a man who sees more of me than anyone has in a very long time.
Some doors, once opened, don't close again.
I came here for answers.
I'm no longer sure that's what I'll find.
Grab Your Copy!
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0GMKCQ2DL
I've spent my career searching for the missing.
The irony isn't lost on me.
When the investigative podcast I work for gets a request to look into a cold case off the Carolina coast, there are a hundred reasons I should say no. But some cases find you for a reason, and this one hits too close to home to refuse.
Hatterwick Island is beautiful and insular and hiding something far deeper than one missing girl. The closer we get to the truth, the more dangerous it becomes—for the investigation, for the people I'm working with, and for me in ways I can't afford to examine too closely.
Jace Hollingsworth is island royalty with twelve years in the Navy and eyes that don't miss much. He's got good instincts, and he's already suspicious of me.
I have good reasons to be careful.
But the longer I stay on this island, the harder it gets to remember why I was so determined to keep my distance—from the case, from these people, and from a man who sees more of me than anyone has in a very long time.
Some doors, once opened, don't close again.
I came here for answers.
I'm no longer sure that's what I'll find.
Grab Your Copy!
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0GMKCQ2DL
MY REVIEW
Jace and Layla clock each other the minute they run into each other on the island. There's something in the way they carry themselves, the alertness in their eyes that recognizes the other. There's also a physical element, but it remains on a slow burn, that nonetheless burns intensely. They both have secrets, secrets that when are revealed - let's just say mind blowing is an understatement. Jace's protective tendencies, Layla's walls - a combination that sounds impossible on paper, but could be magic if they allow it.
I've been waiting for Jace's story since the very beginning of this series, and damn it did not disappoint in any way, in fact, far exceeded every idea I might have had about who he'd fall for, and how everything would conclude. Layla is this mysterious, watchful and fiercely strong heroine. I can't imagine how she survived everything she went through, but she came out on the other side with a backbone of steel and walls higher than the sky. Then she strolls into Jace's life and he's down so bad, even though they move at a slow burn but smoldering pace. I'm seriously sad this is the conclusion to this series, but Harper saved the absolute best, most epic story, the best couple for last. Their relationship is both physically and emotionally fraught, with the intensity increasing every minute, especially once they're in all that close proximity. The over arching mystery, the why of everything, is finally revealed, and let's just say, the twist about killed me. Talk about a bombshell revelation, but when I look back on it, it makes sense. The whole crew is here this time, all the previous couples, lending support for our final couple, and I felt the peace, the warmth, and love that's finally inhabiting the island, and I know their futures are going to be bright.

Meet Harper Jackson

Harper Jackson has rescued her co-workers from a hostage situation, battled ninjas, and stopped international espionage—in her head anyway. Now that she’s no longer busy devising ways to make staff meetings more entertaining, she’s pouring that imagination into tales of breath-stealing, small-town romantic suspense. She believes that peach cobbler with ice cream is the best dessert ever and has a black belt in taekwondo to back it up. She lives in the Deep South with her husband and canine furbabies. You can explore her lighter contemporary romances at https://kaitnolan.com.
Keep up with Harper and subscribe to her newsletter: https://harperjacksonbooks.com/newsletter-2/
To learn more about Harper Jackson & her books, visit here!
Connect with Harper Jackson
harper@harperjackson.com
Keep up with Harper and subscribe to her newsletter: https://harperjacksonbooks.com/newsletter-2/
To learn more about Harper Jackson & her books, visit here!
Connect with Harper Jackson
harper@harperjackson.com
Hosted By






Comments
Post a Comment