Skip to main content

Review Blitz: Derecho (Silver Ridge Ranch #3) by Tilly H. Colson


Derecho (Silver Ridge Ranch #3) by Tilly H. Colson is NOW LIVE!

mybook.to/Derecho

Tropes:

🩵 Not His Baby
🩵 Age Gap
🩵 Romantic Suspense (Light)
🩵 Mental Health Rep/OCD Rep
🩵 Slow Burn


Lachlan Ford

Three years ago, an accident changed everything.

My leg. My mind. My future.

Nothing is how it was supposed to be.

I've lived at the Silver Ridge Ranch my whole life, but these days, my world ends at my front porch. Every step beyond it feels impossible. My mind is a prison of fear, rituals, and memories that won't let go, reminding me I'll never be the man I was. Never be strong enough to protect myself—or the people I love.

My family keeps telling me to fight my way back. They mean well. But every word of encouragement only adds to the noise already screaming inside my head.

Then there's Lainey Calloway.

Week after week, she shows up to my house with warm meals, sharp wit, and just enough stubborn determination to coax me one step farther than I managed the day before. And as time goes on, I stop dreading her visits... and start looking forward to them.

There's only one problem.

She's engaged. Pregnant. And hiding behind a smile that's fooling everyone except me. Because the bruises wrapped around her arm tell a story she refuses to.

When Lainey appears on my doorstep in the middle of a raging storm with nowhere safe left to go, I don't hesitate. I'll give her a place to stay. A place to breathe. A place to heal.

Somewhere along the way, my house stops feeling like a prison. It becomes a home. And Lainey? She stops being the woman I'm protecting and becomes the reason I find the courage to face the world again.

For the first time since the accident, I want more than survival.

I want a future.

And I'll do whatever it takes to keep Lainey—and the baby she's carrying—safe. Even when it means facing every fear I've spent the last three years hiding from.

MY REVIEW


I've been waiting for Lachlan's story, and whew, it's a doozy! But in a good, if very emotional way. Lachlan started off as a tormented man who couldn't get past his porch, but with the help of Lainey and their soon to come baby, he slowly made his way out from under his demons. And vice versa, because Lainey had her own issues - ppd, a horrible ex, and Lachlan's steady gentle ways helped her come to her own realizations, helped her see her own true strength. They formed a beautiful family, welcomed by his own loving family, and slowly found their way to the joy and love they worked for, they deserved. I really like their story, love them as a couple, but I have to admit it was hard at times, because the subjects are really heavy. Still, it was well worth the tears I shed by the time I got to the end - the emotional payout is huge, and I didn't even mind that it was so intensely heavy in parts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...