Skip to main content

Review: One Night with Number Nineteen (Grizzlies Hockey #4) by Elise Faber


One Night with Number Nineteen (Grizzlies Hockey #4) by Elise Faber is NOW LIVE!

Amazon: https://geni.us/OneNightWith19

Tropes you'll find inside:

🩷 Single mom
🥅 Hockey romance
🫶 He falls first
🔥 One Night Stand
😏 Forced Proximity
⭐️ Found Family


It was supposed to be one night.
Now I can’t seem to let him go.

As a single mom, my life is built on routine, responsibility, and putting my son first. There isn’t room for distractions—especially not from a playboy hockey player with a reputation as big as his ego.
One night with Sawyer Hill, star forward for the Grizzlies, was supposed to be a moment of indulgence. Nothing more.
Only…he keeps showing up. Keeps looking at me like I matter. And worst of all, he looks at my son like he plans to stay.
But I’ve trusted the wrong man before, and I won’t make that mistake again.
Except—
The more he shows me who he is…
The harder it is to walk away.

MY REVIEW

When her husband passed, Lainey had to get down to the business of living life as a single mom. Well, she'd really been one for a long time already considering her husband hadn't exactly been father of the year. But now she's really single, and she means to stay that way - just writing and raising and protecting the true love of her life, her son Ollie. Her time with Sawyer was meant to be a rare indulgence, then things would go back to normal. But the man just keeps showing up for her and Ollie, keeps being the man she didn't realize he really was. Can she open up her heart again? Even if it means she might get hurt?


Sawyer can't let go the way Lainey wants him to. He knows she said once and that's it, but his feelings for her are so much larger than one time. And when things start happening to Lainey, his feelings intensify, and now he and Lainey and Ollie are starting to form their own unit that feels a lot like family. But Sawyer has a problem - he's spread himself so thin that things are starting to break. Thanks to past trauma, he feels as if he has to be everything for everyone, notably his mom. Something's gotta give, and it might be his new relationship with Lainey and Ollie.


Sawyer has to be the most down bad golden retriever I have ever read, and I so loved him for it! What I didn't love, or at least, felt so badly for him, was that his trauma had given him so much anxiety and had him trying to do everything for everyone except himself. Even though it hurt, I was actually glad Lainey gave him some tough love near the end, and that he finally got himself on the right path - with his Pages and his Ollie. The found family vibes are strong with this couple, both their own small unit and his team and the ones they love. I've read A LOT of hockey romances, but I think that Elise's hockey teams and all their loves are some of my favorites, and Sawyer, Lainey and Ollie are at the top of this list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti

Review of One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti ONE LITTLE LIE Hollis is a good girl with a crush on a broody musician. Unfortunately, that boy, Adam, hates her. Why? Because the chip on his shoulder leaves him thinking good girl, rich girl Hollis is a lemming like everyone else in their small town. Which makes it even more unfortunate when years after their high school encounter, Hollis' best friend tries to stick up for her and ends up telling her parents that Adam is the the boyfriend Hollis doesn't actually have. Oops. How will Hollis ever convince Adam to go along with her little lie? I really liked One Little Lie. Hollis is a really naive girl, but she has such a huge heart that I couldn't help but fall in love with her spirit. She's so sweet, so compassionate, the kind of person this world needs more of. Adam, on the other hand, eh, he didn't do much for me. His chip on the shoulder, broody asshole attitude did nothing to endear me to him, but because H...

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...