Skip to main content

Review: Fifth Avenue Flirt (The Manhattan Billionaires #2) by Louise Bay


Fifth Avenue Flirt (The Manhattan Billionaires #2) by Louise Bay is LIVE NOW!

Amazon

Tropes you'll love:
♥️ Forced Proximity
♥️ Playboy Falls Hard
♥️ One Night Stand to Lovers
💼 Wealthy Hero
🔥 Slowburn After Hookup
♥️ He Falls First
♥️ He Falls Harder
💕 Caretaking
🏙️ Roommates to Lovers


Blurb
One week. No falling in love. Then he'll get me what I want.


Everyone in New York loves Ben East.

He's charming. Connected. Infuriatingly handsome. The kind of man who can fix almost any problem with a phone call and a smile.

I don't trust him for a second.

Sleeping with him, however?

That turns out to be an entirely different matter.

Our one night together is supposed to be exactly that. One night. No expectations, no complications—and definitely no repeat performance.

Then the deal for my dream hotel falls apart.

I've spent my whole life as the baby of my family, the one everyone protects. This hotel is my chance to prove—to them and to myself—that I can build something on my own.

And Ben is the one man who can help me get it.

Except he refuses.

He doesn't mix business with pleasure. And according to Ben, spending any more time together would be a terrible idea anyway, because I'd inevitably fall in love with him.

Obviously, I have to prove him wrong.

So we make a deal.

Seven days living together. No sex. No kissing. No falling in love.

If I make it through the week, he'll help me get my hotel.

There's just one thing neither of us planned for.

Somewhere between whispered secrets in Grand Central, burnt cookies at midnight and a rainy Sunday spent in bed, I stop seeing the man everyone loves—and start seeing the man underneath.

The one who takes care of everyone but himself.

The one who makes me laugh.

The one who is becoming dangerously difficult to imagine walking away from.

I went into our bet determined to prove I didn't need anyone.

But maybe falling in love isn't about needing someone to save you.

Maybe it's about finding the person you'd give up everything to choose.

MY REVIEW


Avril wants, no, needs, to assert her independence and prove to her family that she can do her own thing, open her own business, her way. When her encounter with Ben, someone who seems to have the answer to everything, has his own network of people he knows, she leverages his help. But to do that she needs to move in with him for a tiny while. Let the fun begin...


I do so love me a good close proximity romance where both people are resisting their feelings, won't acknowledge them, but are down bad anyway. Avril is like a lot of us younger sibs who want our families to not treat us like we're little kids any longer. Thank God help with that came in the package of a sweet, but emotionally distant Ben. Ben really had no idea that he kept everyone at arms' length all with a charming smile on his face and the answer to everyone's questions. He had his own come to realization thankfully and our adorable couple finally got on the same page. I love all of Louise's billionaires and the lucky people who they fall for, Ben and Avril are yet another sweet, spicy couple that I couldn't help but fall in love with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...